< beyond java />
Agile Training: Requirements, Estimation, and Planning
DURATION: 2 Days
This 2-day workshop provides a hands-on simulation on effective requirements elicitation practices, inclusive of having effective discussions with stakeholders, translating vague business needs into specifications, writing of user stories & acceptance criteria, eliciting priorities & test cases, as well as basic Agile approaches to estimation and planning.
User stories help us manage requirements. It may seem easy at first. Following a "As a user, I want…" template seems easy enough. But how do you know if it is an effective user story? Does it need to be split or combined? What about the details? How do we know if the story is done? What about estimating and planning? This workshop aims to immerse participants in the entire lifecycle, from initial project vision, to user roles, and to the first iteration and release.
From this workshop, trainees will learn
- How Agile values affect requirements engineering
- Identify and describe user roles
- Write and evaluate user stories
- To estimate and prioritize for iterations and releases
- To split and/or combine user stories
- Writing effective acceptance criteria and tests for user stories
- Capture non-functional requirements as stories
- Deriving tests from User Stories
Orange & Bronze is one of the first companies in Asia to use and advocate Agile Software Development, and has been using it since our inception in 2005, back when Agile was still an emerging movement. This training course was developed and is taught by some of the Philippines' well-known and respected Agile coaches and practitioners, and uses the format trusted by some of the best companies in the Philippines.
Business analysts, developers, testers, product owners, scrum masters, and team leads, looking to apply user stories in their Agile software development.
Knowledge of agile software development is a plus (but not required)
Agile Requirements, Estimation, and Planning
- Overview of Agile Software Development
- What and Why of User Stories
- User Story Lifecycle
- User Roles
- Estimating and Planning
- Introduction to Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- 3 Case Studies/Simulations