< beyond java />
Spring Boot Training
DURATION: 5 days total
Core Spring (lecture and exercises)
JPA/Hibernate (starting with basic JPA/Hibernate mapping and EntityManager operations, and ending with more advanced mapping)
Spring is a dependency injection framework that simplifies Java EE development and testing.
Java Persistence API (JPA) is a specification that describes the management of relational data. Hibernate is an open source object-relational mapping framework that implements the JPA specification.
This combined 5-day course enhances the 3-day Core Spring course with topics to cover JPA/Hibernate basic and advanced concepts. This is designed for experienced developers who would like to gain a solid foundation in JPA, and use it effectively within the Spring framework.
Benefits of the Program
Trainees will learn to do the following:
- Spring configuration using Java Configuration and Annotations
- Aspect-oriented programming (AOP) with Spring
- Test Spring-based applications using JUnit 5
- Use Spring to access relational databases - JDBC
- Use Spring support for transactions
- Use JPA to map Java objects to relational data
- Use JPA to persist, merge, and remove entities
- Use JPA with Spring and Spring Data
- Simplifying applications with Spring Boot auto-configuration, and starters
- Build a simple MVC application using Spring Boot
- Implement REST with Spring MVC and RestTemplate
- Spring Security
- Utilize Spring Boot enhancements to testing
Experienced enterprise Java developers and architects who want to learn how to take advantage of JPA/Hibernate and the Spring Framework in their own applications.