< beyond java />
Spring Cloud Developer: Microservices Training
DURATION: 2 Days
Microservices is a software and organization pattern for delivering business value quickly. Spring Boot and Spring Cloud are a powerful combination for building modern microservices architectures that leverage industry-tested technology like distributed configuration, services discovery and circuit breakers.
The 2-day Spring Cloud Developer course provides participants with a background on why Cloud Native and microservices are important to adding business value quickly. The course leverages Spring Boot and Spring Cloud to solve the challenges associated with running a distributed, microservice-based architecture.
Benefits of the Program
Participants will understand the following:
- Cloud computing and distributed systems
- The Twelve-Factor App (https://12factor.net/)
- Cloud computing design considerations
- Eventual consistency (#dddesign, event sourcing, CQRS, transactional outbox), REST API
- Microservices patterns (e.g. service registry/discover, circuit breaker, API gateway, etc)
- Operations (e.g. blue-green deployment, distributed tracing/logging)
- Hands-on labs for discussed patterns (using Spring Cloud)
- Utilize AWS services (like EC2, S3, RDS) with Spring Cloud AWS
- Emulate the cloud locally (for development and testing)
Developers interested in learning how to construct cloud-native applications using the Spring Cloud family of projects.
- Basic understanding of Spring
- Completion of the Core Spring Training course (strongly recommended)
- Spring Boot experience